Sunday 2 June 2013

Puppy anyone...


...today for the first time in weeks, the sun came out...


 
 
...I was finally able to trade in the wellies for sneakers and  shorts.  I have to admit I have not spent very much time in the garden in the last couple of rainy cold weeks, so today I went out to catch up on weeding and maintenance...

 
 
 
...I was thrilled to see the poker plant beginning to bloom...
 
 
 
...the lavender, too, is very near blooming...
 
 
 
...I don't know about anyone else, but the day lilies are amazing this year, perhaps because of the warm early spring...
 
 
 
 
...is was so lovely even the old girl came out for a bit...
 
 
 
...I went to check the veggies.  The peas seemed to be doing well, aside from being choked out by chick weed...
 
 
 
 
...then I saw it.  The patch was entirely dug up...all the neatly trenched leeks - gone, along with two rows of lettuce - gone.  The culprit...
 
 
 
...do not let that angelic face fool you, you are looking at Titus the Terrible.  Puppy anyone?



 









No comments:

Post a Comment